Business education is different today because of the requirement of soft skills, teamwork and collaborations. As the economy continues to flourish, the cost conscious companies morph their HR strategies, becoming even more choosey in every dimension. This sets a platform for young entrepreneurs. Thus, we at Raheja believe education is power.
And our Power demonstrates -
- Our teaching methodologies strategically combine case analysis and true illustrations to strike a balance between the study of management and industry.
- The co-operative, collective and shared resources, continues to be our strength.
- Our top-notch faculty delivers modern and practical content to the students every day.
Course Co-ordinator: Mrs. Suvarna Raikar
Full Time Faculty: Mrs. Heta Parekh
Ms. Neha Nikam
Prof. Anup Munshi
Prof. Minal Jaisinghani
Prof. Ganesh Shinde
Prof. Meetu Agarwal
Prof. Darshana Yogi
Prof. CFA. Neha Dalal
Prof. CA. Ganesh Shinde
Prof. Kapil Thakore
Prof. Hyder Khan
Prof. Danish Memon
Prof. Nishant Garg
Academic Year 2014 – 2015
- An orientation programme was organised for the FYBMS Students on 1st July 2015.
- College Annual Day was celebrated on 24th December 2014 at St. Andrews Auditorium (Bandra – West).
- Department organized an Annual Academic Festival – “Gladium” with the theme – Exhibit Your Caliber.
- The convocation ceremony for the Ex-TY’s was organized on 2nd February 2015.
- Industrial visit was organized for the students of FY, SY and TY on 26th February 2015.
- Placement Activity: Companies like J.P. Morgan, ICICI Prudential, Universal Hunt and Motilal Oswal visited the college for Campus Recruitment.
Seminars, Workshops and Guests Lectures:
- Workshop on Careers in Management by Dr. Lukman Patel - Director, AIAIMS was organized in December 2014.
- Guest Lecture for TYBMS on “Holistic View on Logistics Management” by Prof. NK Shree Varahan was organized in October 2014.
- Guest Lecture for TYBMS on “Transportation” By Prof. Harikrishnan Kurup was organized in October 2014.
- Guest Lecture for TYBMS on “Holistic View on Service Sector Management” by Aparna Jain was organized in September 2014.
- Guest Lecture for TYBMS on “Decision Tree - Operations Research” by Shilpa Vora was organized in December 2014.
- Environmental Project for FYBMS was organized in February 2014.
- Guest Lecture for FYBMS on “Environmental Concerns in India” by Ms. Sana Danani was organized in February 2014.
- Guest Lecture for SYBMS “Research Methodologies” by Mr. Hemant Solanki was organized in January 2014.
As per the university guidelines a student is required to maintain minimum 75% attendance in each subject in every semester.
The Department display attendance records to students twice a semester i.e. one in mid-July and other in mid-August and for second half of the Academic year – one in mid-January and other in mid-February. Students whose names appear in the 1st attendance list as Defaulters are given a verbal warning and an undertaking is collected by the co-ordinator and if the same appears in the second list, Parents are called for a meeting and the attendance defaulter student is given an extra project work related to the subject in which he/she has defaulted in attendance.
- Participated in Dance and Drama events in the annual day celebrations
- Farewell Party organized for the TY’s on 4th April 2015.
Awards and Recognitions:
- BMS Students participated and won various intra and inter-collegiate events.
Annual Academic Fest – Gladium’15
- Gladium - Exhibit your calibre, is an annual academic intercollegiate fest of B.M.S. Department of L. S. Raheja College of Arts and Commerce.
This year, Gladium 2015 happened on 19th and 20th January 2015. Keeping in mind the true flavour of the B.M.S. course, all the events of Gladium’15 were jointly planned by the B.M.S. Co-ordinator, faculties and Team Gladium. Team Gladium had put in tremendous efforts towards sponsorships - Sandwizza, Purple Squirrel, Ebay being some the sponsors.
15 colleges from across the city participated in the fest and it was certainly a grand success with many positive reviews. Participants from different colleges and the students of our college have set a benchmark with their tremendous efforts and anticipation for the next year fest has certainly been raised much higher.