The basic motive of BFM at L. S. Raheja College of Arts and Commerce is to inculcate in the students the drive to acquire knowledge about Financial Services and help the students to have a great future ahead in Financial Markets.
Course Co-ordinator: Prof. Divya Kanchan
Prof. S. Kannan
Prof. Hyder Khan
Prof. Navita Rao
Prof. Ankit Mundra
Prof. Roshan Jaiswal
Prof. Darshana Yogi
- Orientation Program was held on 2ndJuly 2014 to orient the First Year BFM students.
- Library Orientation Program was held on 11th July 2014 to inculcate the practice of usage of Library.
- The college Annual Day was celebrated on 24th December 2014 at St. Andrew’s Auditorium, Bandra.
- Inter - Collegiate Academic Festival: FINACCIN ‘2015 was organized jointly by BFM & BAF & BBI students of our college on 11th &12th January 2015.
- Campus Recruitment by J.P. Morgan was organized on 23rd January, 2015 for TYBFM students and Ms. Nicolatte Coutinho has been selected and provided with an offer letter.
- Convocation Day for T.Y.B.F.M. students who successfully passed April 2014 Examination was organized on 2nd February 2015.
- Industrial visit to Silvassa was organized for the students of FY, SY and TY on 26th February 2015.
- Students from B.F.M. have enrolled for Department of Life-long Learning & Extension Work: 2014-2015 by University of Mumbai to gain more practical knowledge about extension activities.
Seminars, Workshops and Guest Lectures:
- Experts from Ambition Learning Solution have undertaken an interactive sessions on ‘CFP’.
- Experts from Endeavor Mr. Sazel Shah have address on ‘Career Guidance.’
- Experts from COMPTRAIN have undertaken an interactive session on ‘Career and Education abroad.’
- Seminar on ‘Financial Markets’ by Mr. Hemant Kale was organized on 12th January 2015.
- Seminar on ‘Accounting’ by Mr. Bihari Lal was organized on 12thJanuary 2015.
- Seminar on ‘Banking’ by Mr. Bihari Lal was organized on13th January 2015.
- Seminar on ‘Insurance’ by experts were organized on 13th January 2015.
- Apart from these, the faculty members and students have been actively participating in several seminars, workshops and conferences organized by different colleges as well as by the Department of Life Long Learning and Extension.
As per the university guidelines a student is required to maintain minimum 75% attendance in each subject in every semester.
The Department display attendance records to students twice a semester i.e. one in mid-July and other in mid-August and for second half of the Academic year – one in mid-January and other in mid-February. Students whose names appear in the 1st attendance list as Defaulters are given a verbal warning and an undertaking is collected by the co-ordinator and if the same appears in the second list, Parents are called for a meeting and the attendance defaulter student is given an extra project work related to the subject in which he/she has defaulted in attendance.
- Fresher party for F.Y.B.F.M. students in the month of July 2014.
- Students presented a Comedy Drama, Dance Melody & Fashion Show in the Annual Day celebrations.
- Participation in Dance & Fashion Show at Mirage’2014 organized by Nagindas Khandwala College.
- Participation in management events at Mood Fiesta’2015 organized by Lala Lajpatrai College.
- Students participated in sports events like chess and football at inter-collegiate level.
- Farwell Party for T.Y.B.F.M. students in the month of March 2015
Awards and Recognitions:
- Students won 2nd Prize for Quiz Competition at M.D. College Festival: Cadence
- Students participated in several events like glass painting, essay competition, dance events at B. L. Amlani College Festival, Elysium. The students also won a few competitions in the same fest.
Annual Academic Fest – FINACCIN
FinAccIn as the name suggests is an academic event which envelopes the major fields of commerce - Finance, Accounts, Banking and Insurance. It is an intercollegiate event organized by the students of B.A.F., B.B.I. and B.F.M. departments of L.S. Raheja College of Arts and Commerce. The motto of the event is “Aim High, Think Big, Work Hard” which signifies that the students must aim for high targets in life, think as big as possible and in order to fulfil this, we must work hard.
This year, Finaccin was organized on12th and 13th January 2015. The prime focus of the event was to explore the insights and talents of the students through various activities. Finaccin amalgamated the themes of fun and learning and provided a pedestal to the students to understand the corporate world practically. It not only provided a direct access to knowledge but also gave the students a chance to showcase their aptitude through presentations.
Participants from colleges across Mumbai came to attend this event and helped in making it a grand success. The overall feedback of the students was positive and there was ample amount of participation by students. The enthusiasm amongst the students was palpable. The festival ended on a positive note with students aspiring for more in the next year.