In the academic year 2015-16, the activities which were conducted through Nisarg , are listed below.
1. Oath taking by Nisarg Members.
2. Distribution of laminated ID cards to Members.
3. Lecture on World Population Day on11th July on the topic entitled, “Population Explosion and challenges before India,” by HOD of Migration Studies at Indian Institute of Population Studies , Associate Professor Dr. R.B. Bhagat.
4. Members participated in ‘Clean the Juhu Beach Drive’ after Ganesh Chaturdashi.
5. Participation of 50 students in Thematic Appreciation Test.
6. Awareness regarding water Resources through video of late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam entitled ‘Save Water 2070’ where more than 600 students from FY and SY are the beneficiaries.
7. The Nisarg Notice board started again covering News about the Current affairs associated with Environment.
8. In the Second Term till now only 2 competitions were organized namely
1)Essay writing 2) Best Out of Waste.
9. Nisarg members celebrate the "Geographer’s Day" on every Makar Sankranti Day. This year Tilgul distribution was done in a happy way on the Makar sankranti day i.e 15th January 16.
10. The Nisarg Members have participated in an intercollegiate skit competition organized by Paryawaran Daxata Manch, Thane , on 2nd Feb. 2016 in University of Mumbai which was appriciated by all.
11. A Field Trip was organised on 26th January, 2016 to the neglected world heritage site "Gilbert Hill" and the Annual Prize Distribution Function held on 6th March, 2016
12. Mrs. Kulkarni participated in 2 International and 1 National Conferences .
13. Mrs. Kulkarni is contributing to an awareness column regarding Environment entitled as “Nisargayan” in Marathi Daily Tarun Bharat, Nagpur since 5th June 2015. This column will continue upto 5th June 2016.
Organisation Structure of Nisarg
Founder- Mrs. Akshata Kulkarni (2002)
Secretary - Kainaz Mystry (FYBCOM,B)
Chairman - Nandini Patel
Treasurer – Athira
Notice Board Editor - Karishma
Public relations officer - Nikhil and Manish